Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A manic birthday on a manic monday!

Ah, it was my birthday and it was technically yesterday!
What a day it was... unlike any of my previous ones...
It had everything which I would normally curse, but then there were so many bright spots through it, that I feel humbled, overjoyed and satisfied at the end of it.

I am sitting alone at the RGI airport Hyderabad, all steel and glass glitzy structure, but the emotions that passed yesterday are hard to ignore.
Suddenly the vastness of the airport seems hollow and I feel that a relationship is worth millions of squarefeet.
A small human emotion is something which can make you forego some of the biggest joys on earth!
Waiting for my flight, I realize how empty the last 3 hours of my life have been.
Absolutely none to look at, to talk to, even though there are so many people around me.
All waiting for the same flight, but none familiar.
This is when I realize that all I have earned in my lifetime is a handful of people, not money.

These handful of people make me laugh, make me sad, make me weep at times.
These handful of people make me jealous, give me heartache and headache, but if it weren't for them, my life would be anything but liveable.
I sit by the side of an elderly couple right now, but I look at my screen dazed.
They stare at me, like I am an alien typing away gibberish on my laptop.

Right now, I miss everything that is mine, that I consider my space.
I am not thinking, but just writing.. the words do not stop flowing from my mind.
And do you know when this happens? When you miss someone badly or are in complete control of yourself.
I can safely say that it's nothing related to control.. so it has to be the former.

When I look back at the last day, a gentle smile dawns upon my lips.
As I smile, I remember, that I got up to wishes from my mom, dad, brother and Tina.
These are people who mean the most to me, to an extent that I take them for granted so many times..

The smile widens when I remember that my wifey gifted me a TH watch.. she had actually bought it without me knowing anything when i actually dropped her at the mall! I found out from the date on the warranty card! Astounded!

The smile widens further when I recall the 100 odd mails and messages that I received through the day. It's a rewarding feeling to know that a hundred people atleast remember you! :)

Then came the zapper... my sweetest sweetest SIL Divi put up a note on her communicator : To my superhero!! HAPPY BDAY.. You are THE BEST!
This made my day.
I didn't care if it sounded over the top, I didn't care if people were reading it and what they thought.
I just felt happy that she too didn't care :)
Thanks a lot Divi, will always remember the 'quote'.

I had a bad day at office running pillar to post, for my tickets, forex, laptop etc, answering the queries which my colleagues had in between.
But all this is vanished.
Vanished when my mom and dad made me a special dinner and cut a cake. My brother cut his training short by a couple of hrs and came to join me for dinner!
It was just 5 of us, but it seemed no lesser than the joy a party would give!

I would do myself an injustice if I forgot to mention the cream on the cake.. Tina packed up my entire stuff in a matter of 2 hours.
Now I really don't know where she gets the energy and grit to do it.
Nor do I know how she manages to do it so meticulously.
My life would have been a lot messier and very accident prone, if there was no Tina.
Like I always keep saying, Tina means'There Is No Alternative'.
Always like this, she never ceases to amaze me! Thank God for her :)

All this drama in a day! and here I am in a completely contrasting evironment now... everything so dull, so empty.
I just feel I can live my next year in the memory of the joy that all the small things gave me this birthday!
Thanks everyone for making it special.

And yes, you are hearing all this from me! Sigh, most people never thought that I too could have an emotion!
But then, however hard from the outside, a coconut is the most tender and vulnerable when its born!

PS : In the background, a song plays : "Thoda hai thode ki zaroorat hai" (I have a little, I need a little more), pretty much sums up everything I am writing!

4 comments:

Punkster said...

You are very lucky my friend! =)
Belated happy bday!
God bless. =)

Akshay said...

Thanks! :)

Tina said...

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Kakkar :) Love you...

Akshay said...

:) .. love u too sweets!

Related Posts with Thumbnails